Got my laptop back from the shop. It works. Not perfectly, but certainly functional and probably for many years. No thanks to Apple.
I have some crud that really resembles strep throat.* I am self-medicating with homemade remedies and feeling better. J seems to have something similar (he has congestion; I had none. My fever lasted 2 days; his is going on four...), but the doc said J probably has something viral. A pediatrician came to the house today and said the three kids have strep. Didn't do a swab test or send anything to the lab, though.
I am not going to miss Egypt, but here are a few things that I will be sad to have no more of:
- Access to Egypt's mad love affair with all things DELIVERY! Seriously awesome when you are sick and can't muster the energy to cook for the sick family.
- Awesomely exotic blooming trees. (Note to self: take some pics when you feel better)
- The smell of citrus trees in bloom. Heady.
- The network of lovely people we've met here
And now time for bed. Oh, I'm going to miss that, too. Our mattress here is terrific. Not so the one waiting on us back in France. :P
* I spent almost all day yesterday lying in bed, watching this guy paint with his baby in his arms:
So relaxing. :D