- The kids were absolutely fantastic. Sprout was calm and helpful. Junebug was smiley and only cried once from utter fatigue, and that wouldn't have been much of a problem if it hadn't happened right during the meal service.
- Both on the ground and in the air, I met with very friendly staff who helped with problems. And one of J's colleagues was on the same flight, so he was able to help me with my carry-ons.
- I was a tad concerned that I would meet with problems since the person who booked our tickets used my maiden instead of married name, but the person who treated with me at the passport control point was none other than a colleague of J's from when we lived in Mayotte. So, not only did I have no problems, I got to catch up with an old friend. Talk about good fortune smiling upon us.
- I got to bed way too late
- When J left France mid-July, the agent at the check-in counter asked where Junebug was. J said the baby was flying out with me in August, and that created a big mess because for some reason, even though Junebug's ticket was for 30 Aug, he was somehow on J's ticket. The agent changed it, BUT! s/he also changed Junebug's last name to my maiden name! What the frack. So that created a mess first thing in the morning. Good thing I believe in going early to the airport...even if it means getting up too early.
- Hugging my husband, however briefly because of the sick, after being apart for a month and a half.