I also worked on the afghan pictured below and mentioned in this entry:
I started it just before Sprout was born. It is getting pretty big, and while, yes, I do want it finished, I'm happy with it being an "in-between, when-I-can/want" project. As an aside: My how my girl has grown. :P I just showed her the above picture, and she asked, "Is that a girl?" When I answered yes, she said, "Are you sure?" (even though I had just told her it is her.)
Shortly after Sprout was born, I bought two huge pieces of flannel to make a duvet cover, which, of course, I never got around to doing. Today I washed the fabric (I think I did it already, but it has been three years :P) and will sew it up tomorrow. I had plans to use my coverlock machine to embroider a design on it, but I've since changed my mind. Instead I wanted to hand embroidered something and to that effect spent a bit of time doodling and thinking about motifs. However, last night I realized that I don't know how this flannel is going to age, and I don't feel like passing (possibly hundreds--it's king-size) of hours doing needlework on something that might pill after a couple of washes. So, I'll sew it up and see about embellishing it at a future date. Anyhow, here is a page of doodling possible stitches:
All in all, a busy week.
* I showed the hat to my mil via Skype. Two days later, she told me, "I was thinking, you should be careful and not leave the baby alone in that hat. It might suffocate or strangle itself."