- Chewy Oatmeal Cookies (twice! I'm a believer in freezing dough and then making each batch fresh when I want a cookie)
- Blueberry Cobbler (then Strawberry Cobbler with some leftover dough)
- Pots de Lavande (translation: little ramequins of lavender cream. Ok, actually Julien made these. Upon my request. Yum.)
- Baked Ham and Pineapple, Martinique-style
- An Asparagus Quiche (Very tasty*, and an old-fav I haven't made in a long time.)
- Apple Butter
And all that since Tuesday evening.
Next up on the list: Brisket.
* An American acquaintance and her husband visited us while we were living in Paris. I made this for them and they, especially she, when on and on about how good it was. She asked me for the recipe, but when she saw that I had torn it out of an American magazine, she didn't want it.
"It's written in English," says she when I hand her the paper.
She shrugs and lays it on the kitchen counter. "I thought it was French."
I shake my head, bewildered. "So you don't want it?"
She wrinkles her nose, shakes her head, and walks out of the kitchen.
What a snot. I guess only a French recipe could have impressed her friends because, you know, I'm sure they would have tasted a difference. O.o