- Architecturally, the apartment is as interesting as we saw in the photos.
- The rooms are spacious.
- There is a little, private courtyard on the ground floor so the cats can go outside.
- The canal is just 20 meters away, and we can even see a bit of it from the living room. The Loire will be a 10 to 15 minute walk away...on flat ground! No more having to hike back up the hill to Sancerre.
- The once-white walls (that we saw in the photos) are now orangey-peachy-pink. Depressing. Outdated.
- The lovely oak parquet has been covered with natural fiber carpet that has a strong, unpleasant smell.
- Said carpet has also been peed on by a boxer puppy, and now the apartment doubly reeks. (The carpet on the landing where the dog peed will be ripped up, but that in the bedrooms will stay.
- The neighbor downstairs is a young guy who likes his music LOUD. Hopefully he will not try to keep that up once we move in.
- The insulation leaves a lot to be desired, not only because of the above point but because it is COLD in the Cher in the winter.
But for better or worse, we've rented the place and will move in 8 days from now. The packing race is on.
For those who want it
Julien and Miquela Faure